United Way of Moore County – Dumas, TX
Seeking a part-time professional with strong management skills to lead the organization in a changing fundraising climate. Candidates must have the ability to develop strong relationships with donors and partner agencies. Excellent planning, organization, presentation and technology skills are a must, along with the ability to write grants.
· Provides collaborative leadership for and with community partners, leaders, volunteers and agencies
· Participates in partnership with the Board of Directors in setting organizational direction, developing organizational goals and operational plans, and achieving agreed on results
· Organizes, plans and executes board meetings, board development and creation and oversight of board committees to keep work flowing toward overall goals day to day and long-term
· Oversees growth and management of United Way’s human and financial resources
· Demonstrates an ability to read and understand financial documents to include budgets, cash flow, income statements and balance sheet
· Responsible for meeting campaign goals and identifying ways to increase the agency’s ability to support its vision and mission through fund-raising
· Maintains accountability for the overall operational and fiscal integrity of the organization within the policies set by the Board of Directors
· Establishes and maintains a social media presence for United Way of Moore County
· Acts as spokesperson for the organization on relevant issues, both internal to stakeholders, and external to media
· Identifies, leads and participates in activities to build community support for United Way of Moore County, including meeting and partnering with city, county, agency, education, family and youth leaders
This position is part-time salary exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay
· High School diploma or GED required
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human/Social Services, in a communication field or 5 years of equivalent experience preferred
· Prior experience in an executive leadership or management level position in a for-profit or non-profit organization preferred
· Prior experience overseeing fund-raising or marketing activities for an agency or organization preferred
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the Executive Director. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills.
Candidates should submit questions and their resume to Moore County United Way, P.O. Box 923, Dumas, TX 79029 or email@example.com.